At J&S Piling, we offer a full mini piling service.
Piling is a method of creating a foundation for a structure in almost any ground condition by creating steel-reinforced solid concrete columns (or piles). These piles can be spaced according to an engineer's bespoke specification for structural support. Normally a reinforced concrete beam is formed along the top of the piles, referred to as a ground or capping beam. This adds further structural integrity to the system, offering a platform for further structural construction.
J&S Piling have a fleet of mini piling rigs that are suited to working in restricted conditions, low headroom or tight access areas. Our rigs are designed to pass through a standard doorway and work within limited spaces.
Mini-Piling is an ideal solution for foundation problems including:
• Limited access locations where soil excavation and removal would prove difficult and expensive.
• Built up areas where noise and vibration are to be considered.
• Limited headroom locations inside buildings, where alterations to existing structures are necessary.
• Areas where localised soil conditions are particularly poor.
Some Bespoke Types of Mini-Piling Solutions Offered:
• Section Flight Auger (SFA) Method — SFA piles are formed by drilling a sectional flight auger into the ground until design parameters are achieved. When the required depth is reached concrete/ grout is pumped into the hollow stem and the auger is slowly withdrawn (the sides of the hole are supported at all times by the soil filled auger). Reinforcement is inserted immediately after the auger is withdrawn.
• Open Auger Bored Piling — This type of piling is when a hole is drilled into cohesive soils/ certain ground conditions, if a stable the open hole can be formed, for example in clay the bored hole can be filled with concrete, forming a pile. Temporary casings can be used to support ground that may be unstable towards the top of the pile. This means the pile can still be filled with concrete from the top as the casings are removed.
• Bottom Driven Steel Cased — This type of piling is when a steel tube of a given length is driven into the ground using either dynamic energy or pneumatic soil displacement. Sectional casings are welded into position and driven into the ground until the designed driving resistance is achieved. The piles are then reinforced according to design and then filled with concrete to form the completed pile.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PILING OR MINI PILING REQUIREMENTS JUST CONTACT OUR OFFICE.