J & S Piling & Foundations Ltd recognise and accept their responsibilties and duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and other relevant statutory provisions and are committed to the provision of safe and healthy working conditions for all staff and to the safeguarding of ouf clients and customers. J & S Piling & Foundations Ltd regards health and safety as a core management function and will work to ensure the commitment of all members of staff to the full implementation of this health and safety policy.
It is J & S Piling & Foundations Ltd policy to comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory provisions and to take such additional measures as it considers necessary. To achieve this J & S Piling & Foundations Ltd will, as a minimum, operate to legal requirements and established standards of good practise and will as far as reasonably practicable:
1. Manage its activities in such away as to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of all employees and other persons are not put at risk.
2. Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health
3. Make arrangements for ensuring safety and abscence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of artilcles and substances.
4. Provide the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety of employees and other persons.
5. Ensure all employees are compentent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
6. Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
7. Maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
8. Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
There is no other phase of our operations more important than the prevention of harm. Through the process of continuous improvement we are committed to providing a safer working enviroment and the efforts of both management and employees will be directed to achieving this.
Dated January 2013